Postage 📬: ColourPop {Eyeshadows}

January 29, 2017


     Colourpop is an LA-based cosmetics company that produces high quality makeup sold at affordable prices exclusively online. What makes them special to me is their way of collaborating with bloggers and style-influencers in order to market their variety of lip products, eyeshadows, and so forth. 

This is how I found out about Colourpop! I first heard about them through their collaboration with Youtuber ItsMyRayeRaye. Then came their partnership with fashion-influencer Feral Creature, and then another one of my favorite Youtubers Jenn Im. With so much influence from the people I love to watch, I was planning on purchasing some products, but the truth was I didn't know where to start. After having one of their eyeshadows used on me during a photoshoot, I decided to start by ordering what's called their Super Shock Shadows and even a highlighter. After paying only $30 I got six Super Shock Shadows, one highlighter, and two free eyeshadow brushes. What a steal! I usually pay that much for one makeup product in comparison. Because I like using golds and rosy pinks on my eyes, I stuck to that color palette when choosing what I wanted. Here are the shades that I got.

1. Might Be {Highlighter}
2. Tea Party
3. Sequin
4. Cat Nap
5. La La
6. Birthday Girl
7. Amaze`

Cat Nap in particular was apart of their collaboration with the Best Friends Animal Society where all the proceeds go to No-Kill Los Angeles (NKLA) in efforts to save animals from shelters. This shade did discontinue previously but now it's back as a permanent addition to Colourpop's Super Shock Shadows! It even comes separately packaged with a card featuring a cute animal to thank you for the donation, which is a nice touch I might add.

Overall, my first postal order from Colourpop was impressive to say the least. All the Super Shock Shadows are highly pigmented and add a glowing touch to my eyes when used. Additionally, the highlighter makes a statement in and out of any lighting, making it a favorite finishing step in my makeup routine. Being so impressed with a small portion of their products, I'll be sure to check out their Lippie Stix as well as the fairly popular Ultra Matte Lip stains. 

Not Sponsored

Post a Comment

-

-

Instagram Latest

© Coveted Eclectic. Design by Fearne.