Meeting Aimee Song & Diane von Furstenburg

December 30, 2016

     One of my favorite bloggers Aimee Song released her New York Best Seller book Capture Your Style on September 20, 2016. As a blogger, it's great to get tips, tricks, and advice from a someone I  respect personally and professionally. Obviously following Aimee on Instagram, I found out that she was going to be in LA at the Grove for a book signing on October 26th, just one day before the event. Living only 20 minutes away from the Grove and having the day off from work, it was a no-brainer that I had to attend and get my book signed.

     The next day, I was ready for the rare and gifted opportunity to meet one on my favorite bloggers in-person. After looking at Aimee's Instagram post again, I noticed that mentioned that fashion icon and author of the foreword of her book Diane von Furstenburg was going to be there as well. I couldn't believe that I was going to the meet another woman I heavily respect as she continues to be a leading woman in the fashion industry. With my book and DSLR in hand, I arrived at the DVF store at the Grove and upon entrance I was greeted by glasses of champagne and multiple plates of hors d'oeuvres, just like a VIP. I felt special, and most importantly welcomed by people that have similar interests and taste. As I waited in line to get my book signed, I socialized with the people around me and even a couple of photographers. Then, Diane von Furstenburg herself walked in happily greeting everyone as if she knew them personally. She was incredibly warm and inviting, only increasing my endearment towards her. Waiting just a couple more minutes I made it to Aimee Song, and engaged in short conversation as she took the time to write a personal message as well as sign the first page of my book. She gave me a hug and we took a couple of pictures together. I hung around the store for a little longer and then left, feeling more than grateful for the ability to experience this event. 

I'd like to thank Aimee Song & Diane von Furstenburg for giving people like me the opportunity to meet our icons in efforts to push us towards our dreams and aspirations. Opportunity is rare, and I'm happy that I was able to engage in this event and enjoy this experience. 




Post a Comment

-

-

Instagram Latest

© Coveted Eclectic. Design by Fearne.