The Jen Ne Sais Quoi Of My {Invaluable} Jewelry

October 31, 2016


Every piece of jewelry has a story. The pieces that I've collected over time all have a je ne sais quoi that make them special to me, and that's the stories they tell. Sometimes it's the story that makes the jewelry become invaluable in one's life. Here are few of my favorite jewelry pieces and tales behind them.

Golden Flower Crown
Zara
As a romantic, I immediately fell for the the delicacy presented in one of the few hair accessories that I own, the golden flower crown. There's something about this piece that reminds me of one of my all time favorite fashion shows, the Dolce & Gabbana Fall/Winter 2014 collection. Ever since watching that show I dreamed of owning a D&G crown. This headpiece is one of my favorite pieces, especially when I want to look a little more pretty and angelic.

Minimalistic Rings
New York {Chelsea Market}
If you were to ask me what piece of jewelry I couldn't live without it would be these two rings. I took a small trip to New York for the very first time and of the places I wanted to visit was Chelsea Market. When I found out that a couple vendors sell unique art and jewelry at a part of the market called Artists & Fleas I had to go.

Navigating myself around New York for the first time was difficult to say the least, especially considering it was freezing cold outside. Doing it the old school way, I was following a print out of directions to help me get to Chelsea Market. I thought it would take me no more than 30 minutes to get there. But as the late afternoon turned into night I was literally walking in circles getting nowhere near my destination. As it became 6pm, two hours before Chelsea Market was set to close, I wondered if I should give up and head back to my hotel. Being the ambitious person that I am, I started to think of what I could do to find this place. I started asking any New Yorker I could find that could direct me to the market. After asking a couple of people, I started to be able to decode the streets and was finally able to guide myself through the city. Finally, I arrived at Chelsea Market. I was relieved and beyond proud of myself. 

Going through the market and shopping in Artists & Fleas, I found a jewelry booth that sold minimalistic jewelry. Since I was there around Christmas time I got a ring for each of my two friends and 2 rings for myself. These two rings remind of the journey that I took in New York and how I overcame being lost in the city. The story behind these pieces makes them incredibly special to me. I know they'll be items I'll keep in my collection forever.

Minimalistic Necklace
Gift
I got this necklace from my little brother on my birthday last year. I'll admit, I'm not the easiest person to shop for since I have a tendency not to wear things that aren't my taste. Talk about a tough time for gift giving! With jewelry, I have a clear preference for gold minimalistic pieces as it exudes a sense of simplicity and elegance (but not everyone knows that). On my birthday my brother had given me this beautiful necklace. It was perfect for me! I was touched because in that moment he became one of the few people that really understood what I liked. We became closer as a result and that makes this necklace particularly memorable for me.

The few pieces of jewelry that I have are unique in the sense that each and every piece has a story that's significant to my life, and for that they are invaluable.

If you want to look for some special pieces that mean something to you and your life check out Invaluable.com!




















Post a Comment

-

-

Instagram Latest

© Coveted Eclectic. Design by Fearne.