Pretty in #Glossier Pink

September 10, 2016




During the summer, Alfred Tea Room opened and I found myself making what I like to call "tea room runs". Alfred's cute aesthetic and high quality tea keeps me coming back every week. Sometimes I even like to stop by Alfred {Coffee & Kitchen} as I love their signature coffee sleeves and wide variety of Pressed Juicery drinks. When I go out for coffee or tea I like to bring a couple of my favorite things. I typically grab a table for myself and paint my nails, do my makeup, and browse the internet as I indulge in my coffee, or in this case a rose tea latte. Following this routine makes tea room runs an enjoyable part of the week that I always look forward to.

When I wake up in the morning and get ready to head to the cafe, I'm definitely not wearing makeup. I like to rock a natural look when traveling to my destination so I don't waste time trying to perfect my look at home. After my nails are nice and dry, I take out a couple of beauty products to freshen up my face. The Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara is now one of my holy grail products that I like to carry everywhere. With a couple of light brushes, my lashes always come out looking prim and proper. I then put on a couple of dabs of the Philosophy Amazing Grace Eau de Toillete. This perfume is nothing but clean and fragrant. It makes me feel girly and cute as I browse through the shops on Melrose.

It's rare that people take the time to enjoy themselves at cafe's as it seems like there isn't much to do. Well, it looks like I'm the exception as enjoying myself is one of my specialities. With time on my side and tea in my hands, painting my nails at the coffee shop is something I love to do. I have a new found love for nail polish and I've been using Sally Hanson's Miracle Gel nail polish. I love the color white and I like to include it in my wardrobe. When looking at nail inspiration online, I can't help but notice and appreciate the fresh appeal of white nails. Painting my nails while having a coffee break has become a traditional moment of relaxation.

If you're going to be hanging out for a while, you might as well take advantage of the free wi-fi. My makeup is on, my nails are done, and now it's really time to wind down. I turn on my iPad and go to a couple of sites, but one of my favorite places to visit is Pinterest. I like Pinterest because I'm able to create boards and pin my favorite things. The color pink is the epitome of inspiration for me as it is a reflection of me holding onto whatever ounce of summer there is left. With Pinterest I hash-tag all things pink and get to pinning. But one page in particular has inspired me to incorporate more pink into my everyday life.

Glossier Pink's Pinterest features countless images that showcase the color in an artistic and minimalistic way. I've noticed the same appeal is used when coming to the marketing of Glossier beauty products. The first time I heard about them was through watching my favorite blogger Rachel Nguyen of That's Chic. With inspiration from Glossier's mood board and recommendations from Rachel, I plan on incorporating some new products into my cafe beauty routine. I'm particularly interested in the Rose Balm Dot Com, the Boy Brow, and the Haloscope Highlighter. I can't wait to try them. Who knows, they might even make it into my monthly favorites!

With all this inspiration, I couldn't help but to incorporate it in my wardrobe. I'm usually not a big fan of wearing color but with my current obsession with pink I like wearing more feminine pieces. Being pretty in pink is a favorite of mine and I'm sure with my daily inspiration I'll do it more often.

Outfit
Jacket: Zara
Dress: Forever 21
Sandals: Zara
Sunglasses: Urban Outfitters
Earring: The Burrough

Outfit Photography: Lex Gallegos

Check out Glossier!

Glossier Pink Pinterest

2 comments

-

-

Instagram Latest

© Coveted Eclectic. Design by Fearne.