The Florida Style Challenge: French Minimalism

September 22, 2016




I accepted the challenge! 
What challenge may you ask? The Douglas Elliman Florida Style Board Challenge! Growing up in sunny Southern California I know what's it's like to live in luxury, as the weather is always perfect and the sun is always shining. One of my favorite places to go as an LA native is the beach. I love laying out in the sun on a blanket and enjoying what I packed in my French basket weave tote. But since I live in the valley, I don't get to enjoy the beach breeze unless I'm driving for an hour or more. If I had it my way, I'd be living in bright Miami, Florida where the beach is only minutes away. That would only happen in a dream, but who doesn't like day dreaming? 

If I were to have the house of my dreams, I'd cohesively put together rooms inspired by France and the beach. I'd keep the space minimalistic with a chic edge, making it as comfortable and inviting as can be. As a creative individual, I made style boards inspired by my dreams of Florida, France, and the beach. Take a look at my French minimalistic beach-inspired home.


Dream House

{The Villa}

Douglas Elliman










Inspiration

{Summer in France}


Dream Rooms

{French Romanticism Nature on the Beach}

Bathroom


Bedroom

Living Room

Kitchen & Dining Room


How To Create Your Dream Florida Style Room

Enough dreaming! It's time to turn fantasy into reality! Just because I don't live in a big home walking distance from the beach doesn't mean I can't make my place feel like the I'm there. Here are my tips and tricks for bringing elements of your interior dreams into the home you live in now. 


1. Get New Furniture

Ikea is one of my favorite places to get furniture. It's a good idea to look up bigger pieces like desks, furnitures, beds, etc. online before going in-store as what you're looking may not be on display. However, with Ikea's wide selection of products, you're sure to leave with a cart full of necessities.

2. Pick Out Paint

Now that you have all of your furniture, it's time to get some paint to make your dream room pop. Lowes is a great place to go to if you're looking to paint. I would suggest looking at the swatch wall to see what color you're going for. Since we're drawing inspiration from the beach, baby blue is a good choice of color. Once you choose the exact color that you want, give it to an employee so they can make it for you. 


3. Choose Pots & Plants

This is my favorite part! I love choosing decorations for the house, especially if they're pots and plants. Plants add a natural element to the inside of your home. With France and the beach in mind, I would select these detailed ceramic pots. I would fill them with cacti and even some blue flowers for an elegant touch. 



4. Go Home & Put Together Your Dream Room



Now that you have everything, it's time to head home and put together everything that you purchased. The best way to go about this is to take one room at a time. I would suggest painting whatever walls you want paint first so you can see how everything else ties together with the color. If you like that beautiful baby blue color on the walls, then start incorporating big furniture like couches, beds, and dressers. After everything is set to your liking, start assembling small furniture like tables, lamps, and so on. At this point, you'll start to see your dream room come to life. But don't stop there! Pot the plants you purchased outside and put them on countertops and patios spaces. For that French beach vibe, place things like dried starfish, beach-inspired illustrations, eucalyptus candles, and french lavender throughout the house. With this, your dream room will become reality.

If you're looking for the perfect home to live in and create your dream rooms, take a look at Douglas Elliman Properties! With their numerous amount of selections around California, New York, and of course sunny Florida you're sure to find the home of your dreams. 

Portrait Photography: Adisa Ptah

Check out Douglas Elliman!

https://www.elliman.com





2 comments

  1. Ahhh I'm on pinterest right now putting together dream home ideas! Keep it Up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Pinterest is the perfect website to visit when making mood boards for your dream home. Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete

-

-

Instagram Latest

© Coveted Eclectic. Design by Fearne.