Lost in Little Italy

January 7, 2015 Little Italy, New York, NY, USA

Happy Bones || Little Italy


Before going to New York I went on Yelp to search for places I wanted to go to. I didn't want to waste my time going to the Statue of Liberty, I wanted to go to cafes. I came across Happy Bones of which had about a 5 star review and something that really caught my eye, tortoise shell spoons. I was thinking of taking a picture of the tortoise shell spoon accompanied by a latte to make the perfect Instagram picture. So, my parents dropped me off in Little Italy and went to see the Statue of Liberty. When I went into the cafe the vibes were amazing and even Phantogram was playing in the background. All I could think to myself was, this is my kind of cafe. I went to the counter ecstatic and giddily asked for a tortoise shell spoon. Sadly the barista had informed me that they stopped supplying them. Honestly, I was upset. I came to New York City for this spoon! Anyways I didn't let the disappointment stop me from buying a latte, but I had to take it to-go as I was off the roam the city and find Chelsea Market. Walking in the freezing cold with my face and hands frozen I felt like I was never going to get there. Even better, my navigation system on my phone was not guiding me in the right direction so there I was walking for literally miles trying to find this place. The only thing that kept my mind off of how freezing it was was my music. As I continued to walk I come to noticed a pizza joint. Not a pizza place, a pizza joint. I noticed that everyone in this pizza joint was standing up ignoring the fact that there was actual seating, with a huge slice of pizza in their hands. I had to join in on this phenomenon and there I was eating my quality $1 slice of pizza. And as I was standing there, I came to a realization. There are so many pizza joints and coffee shops in New York to keep yourself from dying the in the cold. At this point I was completely lost and I called my parents to pick me up. But because there is so much traffic in New York it was going to take them a while. So, I continued to walk and roam. I happened to come across a gallery that focused on the 21st century and how it translates through photography. I think that's one of my favorite things about New York, you can be literally in the middle of nowhere and can still find a piece of art. Eventually I was picked up and for a minute I felt saddened that I have yet to truly figure out the city. Until next time...

Post a Comment

-

-

Instagram Latest

© Coveted Eclectic. Design by Fearne.